Friday, January 06, 2006

So as I leave Barcelona I do so with a couple of cool stories for the day and a couple of random thoughts. First, the mullet is alive and strong in Europe. Our European brothers have embraced it, flaunt it with pride, and have made it fashionable--at least in this part of the world. Men, women, young and old, babies and even pets sport the mullet with dignity. For some it may just be another reason to hate the crazy Euros, for others it may signify paradise. As much as the mullet is in fashion, the scarf beats it. I don't think Americans know how to truly appreciate the style and utility bundled together in this simplistic accessory. It's magical.

When I awoke this morning at 5:30 am, I found the day was glorious. I packed my bags and ate breakfast, and prepared to leave this town. Only I still had some chores to complete. First, I went to Parc Guell. InSpanishh it's pronounced Parque Guey. I couldn't help but laugh at the name, but as I strolled through the different sections of thisgemm, I found myself saying over and over "NO WAY". Designed by Antoni Goudi, this park is amazing. And huge. I got lost and had to ask directions. Two of the nicest gentlemen kindly put me back on track and we enjoyed pleasant conversation about life and the park.

After the park, I went to "la Pedrera", a house designed by the same genius. His designs are truly magnificent I can't write anything that can convey how awe-inspiring the house is. The few pictures I posted are only a portion of my snapshots and I hope you enjoy them.

What an opportunity it has been to stay in this magnificent city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home